A Bitter Tonic For Drugmakers?John Carey
Judging from the hue and cry in Washington these days, pharmaceutical makers are the greatest threat to America since the Evil Empire. Senator David H. Pryor (D-Ark.) kicked off the latest drug-industry bashing on Feb. 3, accusing companies of "unadulterated greed." The Clinton Administration immediately joined in. Senior officials ripped into the industry's practices and motives, while the President denounced "shocking" prices.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline
- Everything Is Crazy and the Markets Aren’t Freaking Out
- Facebook Is Looking for Employees With National Security Clearances
- Kushners’ Control of Family’s NYC Crown Jewel Is Now in Jeopardy