Mr. Clinton's Lost Opportunity
Bill Clinton was elected President of the U.S. because he was smart enough to hang a sign reading, "It's the economy, stupid," in his campaign war room. The sign was a constant reminder of the deep desire for dramatic economic change felt by millions of Americans, angry at incomes that stagnated, jobs that disappeared, and a festering federal deficit that eroded the financial as well as moral core of the nation.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Turns Out It Will Be Congress’s Fault When Stocks Crash
- Stocks Drop, Yen Gains as Investor Jitters Return: Markets Wrap
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Facebook and Google Helped Anti-Refugee Campaign in Swing States