How A Little Novel From Nowhere Hit The Big TimeJulie Tilsner
Turning a book into a bestseller is hardly an exercise in subtlety. Publishers usually line up a big-name author, order a huge first printing, book the writer on Oprah, and persuade Barnes & Noble and Waldenbooks to stock up. Put enough muscle behind the project, and you have an excellent shot at that coveted spot on The New York Times list of best-sellers.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Marc Faber Asked to Leave Sprott Board After Racist Report
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing