Dueling For DialersBart Ziegler
Consider the battle joined. In this corner, American Telephone & Telegraph Co., which last November jolted the phone industry with its agreement to buy a third of McCaw Cellular Communications Inc. In that corner, MobiLink, an alliance of 15 cellular operators, including six of the seven Baby Bells. At stake: the loyalty--and dollars--of millions of cellular-phone users frustrated by the numerology they must learn when they try to place or receive calls outside their home regions.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Turns Out It Will Be Congress’s Fault When Stocks Crash
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Facebook and Google Helped Anti-Refugee Campaign in Swing States
- Ford to Take $267 Million Hit From Recall of F-Series Trucks