You Can Lead A German To Perrier, But...By
In subfreezing weather, intrepid Boy Scouts lit lanterns on New Year's Day to mark the grand opening of the European Community's single market. French and German citizens met on the border at midnight to celebrate the event with fireworks. It would have been nifty to join the celebrations. But, comfy in a friend's apartment in Paris, I found myself distracted by thoughts of coffee, sausage, beer, refrigerators, electric plugs, and telephone jacks.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Uber Paid Hackers to Delete Stolen Data on 57 Million People
- European Stocks Erase Losses; Dollar Extends Drop: Markets Wrap
- Tesla’s Burning Through Nearly Half a Million Dollars Every Hour
- Two Biggest Risks Now Are China and Inflation, Market Veteran Says
- Jamie Dimon Says He'd Bet Donald Trump Doesn't Win Again in 2020