The Productivity Paradox: Rising Output, Stagnant Living StandardsRobert Kuttner
Today's puzzler: Where did all the productivity go? Human work has become ever more efficient, thanks to the microelectronics revolution. My computer makes me a more productive writer. Factories now turn out better products with fewer workers. Even in the service sector, checkout clerks ring up twice the sales in half the time, using optical scanners.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Wants Out of Oil and Gas