Ibm Presents The Big Blue Max
Call him Jack Headroom. IBM President Jack D. Kuehler was accompanied at his keynote speech at the recent Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas by a computer-generated image of himself. When it was projected from an IBM RS/6000 workstation onto a screen, the virtual Jack had a short conversation with the real one. IBM demonstrated this technology, a prototype from its Austin (Tex.) laboratory, to show an example of how human-like computer "agents" will perform work for you in the future. For instance, such a character can open and read a person's electronic mail and retrieve all kinds of information on a network when ordered to do so.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- These Guys Want to Lend You Money Against Your Bitcoin
- Fed Raises Rates, Eyes Three 2018 Hikes as Yellen Era Nears End
- This Electric Truck Will Probably Beat Tesla’s to Market
- Bitcoin Points Way to ‘Massive Change’ for Commodity Businesses
- Famed Short-Seller Jim Chanos Says Tesla Headed for ‘Brick Wall’