A new National Taxpayers Union report will embarrass Republican critics of the Democrats' free-spending ways. The study looked at pork-barrel and budget-cutting measures. It found that the four top gop pols--Senate Minority Leader Bob Dole (Kan.), House Minority Leader Robert Michel (Ill.), House Minority Whip Newt Gingrich (Ga.), and Senate Minority Whip Alan Simpson (Wyo.)--had all sponsored bills that would have spent more than their deficit-slashing measures would have cut.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fewest Jobless Claims Since 1973 Show Firm U.S. Job Market
- Germans Are Going Wild for a Show Set During the Dawn of the Nazis
- U.S. Senate Adopts Budget, Giving Momentum to Trump's Tax-Cut Plans
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day