It's A Bank Eat Bank WorldKelley Holland
Battle-scarred banks entered 1992 expecting only mild relief from a mountain of troubles. So it was more than a surprise when a combination of low interest rates and a slowly strengthening economy helped the industry produce a record $25 billion or more in earnings, according to American Bankers Assn. estimates. The industry still faces fundamental problems, and the big banks' profit growth will probably slow this year from last year's 90%. Even so, earnings could set another record in 1993.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Turns Out It Will Be Congress’s Fault When Stocks Crash
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Facebook and Google Helped Anti-Refugee Campaign in Swing States
- Ford to Take $267 Million Hit From Recall of F-Series Trucks