How To Secure Your Social Security
After more than a decade of furnishing advice on retirement matters, among other things, in the Personal Business pages of this magazine, I believe that experience is still the best teacher. Preparing to retire and move as a "trailing spouse" to Harare, Zimbabwe, for the next two years, I recently visited a Social Security office to ask Uncle Sam to start my hard-earned stream of monthly benefit checks. Some lessons learned:
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fewest Jobless Claims Since 1973 Show Firm U.S. Job Market
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day
- U.S. Stocks Climb With Treasuries as Dollar Slides: Markets Wrap
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself
- Germans Are Going Wild for a Show Set During the Dawn of the Nazis