Smart Step For A Wobbly GiantDavid Woodruff
General Motors Corp. isn't known for trying far-out ideas. But that could soon change. Next year, component maker Android Industries Inc. is set to begin moving machinery into a GM parts factory near Flint, Mich. Android supervisors will take charge of 20 union workers at GM's Inland Fisher Guide Div. plant to show them how to assemble doors for a 1994 GM model. GM will continue to pay the workers' salaries and benefits, but Android will run its own corner of the factory.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Ivanka Trump Faces Courtroom Showdown Over $785 Sandals
- Uber Losing Battle in London After Regulator Revokes License
- Mercedes Plots Tesla Attack With $1 Billion U.S. Electric Push
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Is Said to Plan About 5,000 Job Cuts
- How Electric Cars Can Create the Biggest Disruption Since the iPhone