Here's What's Good About American Express: Service
What you say about the American Express card is largely true, ("Less-than-fantastic plastic," Finance, Nov. 9). For several years, I have carried an unused Platinum card because the services provided make it much more useful to simply have than to actually use.
However, last month I began using it in earnest with every establishment that will take it, despite the great number of frequent-flier miles I have been earning with my bank Visa card. The reason? The appalling and unconscionably inept service I received from the bank whenever I had a minor problem with my account.
No amount of goodies can compensate for those Kafkaesque experiences, and nobody can top American Express when it comes to customer service.
Santa Monica, Calif.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- The Two Words That Will Help Get an Airline Upgrade Over the Phone
- U.S. Futures Buck Stock Decline as Dollar Pauses: Markets Wrap
- Jeremy Grantham Wants His Kids to Get Into Emerging Markets
- Brighter U.S. Growth Outlook Emboldens Fed on Rate-Hike Course
- Stocks Turn Lower, Dollar Rises After Fed Minutes: Markets Wrap