O&Y: It's The Reichmanns' Loss
Toronto's Reichmann family is almost sure to lose control of giant Olympia & York Developments. The question is when. Under a plan submitted by the Reichmanns in Canadian court on Oct. 28, they would cede 90% mf O&Y's Canadian arm to creditors over three to five years. Under a separate plan, the Reichmanns would offer creditors 49% of their U.S. holdings.
Even those concessions may not be enough, however. Canadian and U.S. debtholders, including Prudential Insurance, may hold out for better terms.
EDITED BY HARRIS COLLINGWOOD
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- The Two Words That Will Help Get an Airline Upgrade Over the Phone
- Brighter U.S. Growth Outlook Emboldens Fed on Rate-Hike Course
- Stocks Under Pressure as Dollar Pauses; Pound Dips: Markets Wrap
- Stocks Turn Lower, Dollar Rises After Fed Minutes: Markets Wrap
- Risky Crypto Bet Dents Dennis Gartman's Retirement Account