Crossed Signals On Famous Amos' Acquisition
In "Famous Amos gets a Chinese accent" (The Corporation, Sept. 28), I was quoted as saying that the company was " . . . moving in at the worst time." When I discussed the cookie industry with your reporter, I was unaware of President Enterprises Corp.'s plans to acquire Famous Amos. I made no value judgments on management strategies, and I did not say that now was a bad time for acquisitions in the industry.
Lee D. Wilder, CFA
The Robinson-Humphrey Co.
Editor's note: Our reporter thought she had made it clear to Wilder that the acquisition of Famous Amos was planned. We regret any misunderstanding.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- The Two Words That Will Help Get an Airline Upgrade Over the Phone
- Apple Plans Upgrades to Popular AirPods Headphones
- U.S. Stocks Rebound, Dollar Stumbles With Yields: Markets Wrap
- Jeremy Grantham Wants His Kids to Get Into Emerging Markets
- Los Angeles Cracks Down on Out-of-Control Hollywood Party Houses