Why Heidelberg Is Jealous Of Cleveland
After reading the table entitled "A burger, a cold one, and thou" (In Business This Week, Aug. 31), I was curious as to what the same items would cost in Heidelberg, Germany.
Two McDonald's Quarter Pounders
with cheese: DM 9.00
A six-pack of Budweiser (the brand
from Czechoslovakia; no stateside
Bud or Miller available): DM 6.47
New Monopoly board game: DM 32.78
Total: DM 48.25
At the exchange rate of $1 to about DM 1.40, that $17.57 evening of home fun in Cleveland comes to about $34.46 across the ocean in Germany. Enjoy, Cleveland!
Charles L. Kaufman
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- The Two Words That Will Help Get an Airline Upgrade Over the Phone
- Apple Plans Upgrades to Popular AirPods Headphones
- U.S. Stocks Rebound, Dollar Stumbles With Yields: Markets Wrap
- Jeremy Grantham Wants His Kids to Get Into Emerging Markets
- Los Angeles Cracks Down on Out-of-Control Hollywood Party Houses