`Take Me Out To The Valley'?Russell Mitchell
It was, for a change, a beautiful day for baseball. On a warm and sunny Sept. 27, the San Francisco Giants played perhaps their last game in Candlestick Park. Die-hard Giants fans often have to bundle up in parkas and mittens in July and August to protect themselves against cutting winds and the fogs that settle over the field--chill weather that helps hold average per-game attendance in the 60,000-seat park below 20,000. By next season, the Giants could be playing their home games in the climate-controlled comfort of the Suncoast Dome in St. Petersburg.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Wants Out of Oil and Gas