Consumers Are Bloodied But Still BuyingBy
Consumers should get a medal. They are braving some of the toughest times in years, and they still are finding the strength to keep the economy afloat--if only barely. Despite some of the ugliest economic data in months, the surprise for the third quarter is shaping up to be consumer spending's solid contribution. The numbers through August show that households are hanging in there.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- This Rare Bear Who Called the Crash Warns Housing Is Too Hot Again
- One of the World’s Hottest Stocks Is Now Tumbling
- Recent ‘Odd’ Market Moves May Be a Warning Sign for Stocks
- The Global Economy Is Doing Just Fine, But the Davos Elite Is Worried
- U.S. Stocks Gain as Senate Votes to End Shutdown: Markets Wrap