This Wasn't In The PlaybookDouglas Harbrecht
He's finally dominating the evening news on television. Thanks in part to Chief of Staff James A. Baker III's organizing skills, his "less government is better" economic message has been crisper and more focused. He has put the power of incumbency to effective use, producing hurricane aid in Florida and saving defense jobs in Missouri and Texas. And his campaign has ably fanned new life into charges that Democrat Bill Clinton dodged the draft 23 years ago.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- One of the World’s Hottest Stocks Is Now Tumbling
- Recent ‘Odd’ Market Moves May Be a Warning Sign for Stocks
- Amazon Go Pushes Mediterranean Lamb, Skips the Chili Cheese Dogs
- The Global Economy Is Doing Just Fine, But the Davos Elite Is Worried
- Dollar Slips as Shutdown Drags On; Stocks Mixed: Markets Wrap