Going Where No Minds Have Gone BeforeJoan O'C. Hamilton
To get a feel for what is different about virtual reality, meet Jaron Lanier, chairman of VPL Research Inc. Dreadlocks crown his ample frame. His Sausalito (Calif.) studio -- he's an accomplished musician -- is filled with exotic instruments. On the door hangs his image emblazoned on a psychedelic poster. The poster is hot in Europe, where VR is tres trendy and Lanier is a cult figure, reflecting VPL's preeminent role among the startups that are pushing the technology's frontiers.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- The Latest on the Political Turmoil in Zimbabwe
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Norway Oil Bosses Insist End Isn't Nigh After $35 Billion Shock
- Bitcoin Soars Past $8,000 as Technology Shift Concern Vanishes
- Subways May Be the Latest Casualty of China's Crackdown on Debt