Plug This Device In And Hang Up On Industrial Spies
Industrial espionage is a growing concern. Among the threats are former cold-war spies now focusing on business secrets instead of military ones. For protection, American Telephone & Telegraph Co. has come up with a $1,195 telephone-security device it claims is simpler and cheaper than previous products. Before, assuring no one could listen in required a special stationary phone with built-in encryption. Now, an AT&T unit in Greensboro, N. C., is selling a portable device, the Model 3600, that plugs into any telephone handset.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline
- Everything Is Crazy and the Markets Aren’t Freaking Out
- Facebook Is Looking for Employees With National Security Clearances
- Kushners’ Control of Family’s NYC Crown Jewel Is Now in Jeopardy