Reebok's Dark Night Of The Sole
Remember Dan and Dave? They were the two U.S. decathletes--and Reebok sneaker endorsers--who were supposed to contend at the 1992 Olympic Games for the title of world's greatest athlete. Reebok sank $25 million into its Dan and Dave ad campaign, only to see Dan (or was it Dave?) fail even to make the Olympic team. Dave (or was it Dan?) got to Barcelona, but only managed a bronze medal. The term "misplaced confidence" springs to mind.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Homicide Police Probe Deaths of Canadian Billionaire and Wife
- Stocks Gain on U.S. Tax Plan; Treasuries Decline: Markets Wrap
- Death of CSX's New CEO Renews Debate on Health Disclosures
- Bitcoin Takes Bigger Wall Street Stage With Smooth CME Debut
- Bitcoin Climbs as Futures Debut Fails to Incite Attack by Shorts