U.S. Schools: Shaking Up Is Hard To Do
"Public schools."How did two words that once meant respect and pride in America turn into such an embarrassment? Few national institutions generate as much anger today as the school system. Its only rival in public disdain may be Congress--and for some of the same reasons. Like Congress, many of the nation's school systems have become entrenched, self-perpetuating, tax-supported bureaucracies that sometimes lose sight of their mandate.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline
- Everything Is Crazy and the Markets Aren’t Freaking Out
- Facebook Is Looking for Employees With National Security Clearances
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing