They're Bean Counters, Not GumshoesDean Foust
Soon after Phar-Mor Inc. accused two of its executives in early August of embezzling at least $10 million from the drugstore chain, Chief Executive David S. Shapira made sure no one would mistake him for Harry Truman: He blamed the retailers' outside auditors, Coopers & Lybrand, for failing to detect phony financial ledgers and sued the firm. Never mind that Shapira himself caught on only after receiving a tip.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline
- Everything Is Crazy and the Markets Aren’t Freaking Out
- Facebook Is Looking for Employees With National Security Clearances
- London House Prices Fall Most Since Financial Crisis
- Kushners’ Control of Family’s NYC Crown Jewel Is Now in Jeopardy