For America Online, Nothing Is As Nice As A NicheMark Lewyn
While Prodigy has spent an estimated $1 billion to create a mass market for on-line information services, tiny America Online Inc. has created a profitable business by mining niches. "The others are like Time magazine or USA Today," says President Stephen M. Case, America Online's co-founder. "We see ourselves as a series of specialized magazines catering to specific interests."
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- These Guys Want to Lend You Money Against Your Bitcoin
- Fed Raises Rates, Eyes Three 2018 Hikes as Yellen Era Nears End
- This Electric Truck Will Probably Beat Tesla’s to Market
- Bitcoin Points Way to ‘Massive Change’ for Commodity Businesses
- Famed Short-Seller Jim Chanos Says Tesla Headed for ‘Brick Wall’