Another Opinion On The Thomas Hearings
Regarding your review of Capitol Games by Timothy Phelps and Helen Winternitz ("The low road to the high court," Aug. 10) the authors' strategy is obvious. First, they paint conservative activists and groups (most notably me and mine) as a threat to the Republic. They use more than a dozen labels for conservative groups--right wing, hardline, radical, extremist, fringe, far-right, and zealot are just a few--but use only one for liberal groups--liberal. They describe People for the American Way as "an organization with a broad membership of individual donors." While they may choose to compromise their objectivity, they at least should have given equally pejorative time to both sides.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Marc Faber Asked to Leave Sprott Board After Racist Report
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing