A Burger Joint That Could SizzleBy
Is there room for yet another hamburger chain in the crowded fast-food industry? The bears are convinced a new entry can only fail, and they are shorting Checkers Drive-In Restaurants, a fledgling burger operation that started up in 1988. Wrong, says veteran restaurant industry analyst Roger Lipton of Ladenburg Thalmann. He thinks Checkers, found mainly throughout the Southeast, will be a big winner.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Wants Out of Oil and Gas