Bill Clinton isn't the only Democrat with a hefty lead in the polls. Surveys suggest the Democrats may be able to widen their 57-to-43 edge in the Senate by as many as six seats. In California, Representative Barbara Boxer and former San Francisco Mayor Dianne Feinstein seem headed for victory. So does Carol Moseley Braun in Illinois. Meantime, GOP incumbents in New York and Pennsylvania trail their challengers. And once-vulnerable incumbents Terry Sanford (D-N.C.) and Wyche Fowler Jr. (D-Ga.) seem secure.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- The Latest on the Political Turmoil in Zimbabwe
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Norway Oil Bosses Insist End Isn't Nigh After $35 Billion Shock
- Subways May Be the Latest Casualty of China's Crackdown on Debt
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’