Anew labor law could throw a scare into foreign investors. Modeled closely on Germanys code, Hungarys version gives a lot of clout to workers councils and unions. It also guarantees workers more leisure time than many of their American and Japanese counterpartsa minimum of four weeks vacation with five weeks for workers over 45. The law does include one plus for employers: It makes firing workers easier.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Wants Out of Oil and Gas