Hand On Deck At Hartmarx
In a move that Seventh Avenue has been expecting for some time, Hartmarx Chairman and CEO Harvey Weinberg resigned from the beleaguered clothing manufacturer and retailer. His replacement will be current President Elbert Hand.
Renowned for making men's suits under the Hart Schaffner & Marx label, Hartmarx also operates several store chains and Sears's Kuppenheimer men's shops. But the retail operations have been floundering, and Hartmarx hadn't turned a profit since Weinberg took over in 1990. Hand will continue to close stores and concentrate on manufacturing.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Morgan Stanley Says Stock Slide Was Appetizer for Real Deal
- U.S. Stocks Fall With Treasuries, Dollar Climbs: Markets Wrap
- ‘No Cash’ Signs Everywhere Has Sweden Worried It’s Gone Too Far
- U.S. Pays Up to Auction $179 Billion of Debt in a Span of Hours
- Florida Teachers’ Pension Fund Invested in Maker of School Massacre Gun