As interest rates dive to 3% or so on CDs and money market accounts, the tax-deferred "guaranteed minimum 6%" on Uncle Sam's EE savings bonds looks hugely attractive. But keep in mind that bonds must be held at least five years to earn that return. You can't redeem them in less than six months. Then they pay about 4.3% after one year, 4.6% after two, 5% after three, and 5.5% after four. You can invest up to $15,000 a year.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- In One Tweet, Kylie Jenner Wiped Out $1.3 Billion of Snap's Market Value
- The Two Words That Will Help Get an Airline Upgrade Over the Phone
- Apple Plans Upgrades to Popular AirPods Headphones
- U.S. Stocks Rise With Treasuries as Dollar Slips: Markets Wrap
- Los Angeles Cracks Down on Out-of-Control Hollywood Party Houses