Why Daimler Has To Win Its Big Gamble In ChipsGail E. Schares
Daimler Benz has spent billions of dollars on acquisitions to try to transform itself from an auto maker into a high-tech conglomerate excelling at everything from telecommunications to jet planes. Now, in perhaps the most critical step toward that goal, CEO Edzard Reuter is set to lay out an additional $1.9 billion--and even more later. In a bid to succeed in an industry where his European rivals have failed, Reuter is determined to become a global heavyweight in microelectronics.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Uber Paid Hackers to Delete Stolen Data on 57 Million People
- European Stocks Drift as Dollar Extends Decline: Markets Wrap
- Tesla’s Burning Through Nearly Half a Million Dollars Every Hour
- Two Biggest Risks Now Are China and Inflation, Market Veteran Says
- What Analysts Are Saying About the Sudden Drop in Chinese Stocks