Mci After Mc Gowan: Still A Long Distance RunnerMark Lewyn
A month before his fatal heart attack on June 8, MCI Communications Corp. Chairman William G. McGowan was waxing philosophical. At a dinner in his Georgetown home with retired MCI director V. Orville Wright, the 64-year-old McGowan, who helped break up American Telephone & Telegraph Co., predicted another revolution. Soon, he said, the dozens of national phone companies that provide long-distance services would consolidate into a handful of global consortiums.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline
- Everything Is Crazy and the Markets Aren’t Freaking Out
- Facebook Is Looking for Employees With National Security Clearances
- Kushners’ Control of Family’s NYC Crown Jewel Is Now in Jeopardy
- London House Prices Fall Most Since Financial Crisis