Synthetic Poisons That Kill Cancer But Not People
The combination of a natural poison and scientists' ingenuity may result in a new class of potent cancer drugs. In 1987, researchers found that certain types of soil bacteria produce substances, called enediynes, that are downright "diabolical," says chemist K.C. Nicolaou of the Scripps Research Institute in La Jolla, Calif.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- This $14 Million Atlanta Home With Bunker Is ‘Safest in America’
- Separatists Pledge to Fight On After Spain Moves to Oust Catalan Leaders
- These Cities Make NYC Housing Look Dirt Cheap
- GE's New CEO Vows Sweeping Change After ‘Unacceptable’ Report
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day