Did You Hear The One About The Balanced Budget?By
It would be comical if it weren't so serious. Yes, fans, the folks who brought you a $269 billion deficit in fiscal year 1991 and are pushing $400 billion in 1992 now are poised to pass a constitutional amendment mandating a balanced federal budget. Unless this legalistic lunacy is stopped, it may pass both houses of Congress in a month or two and be sent to the state legislatures for ratification. Since many states are eager to ratify, this abomination could become law in record time.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Honda Recalls 800,000 Odyssey Minivans Linked to Injuries
- Subways May Be the Latest Casualty of China's Crackdown on Debt