Could Anything Be Finah Than To Be In Carolina?Walecia Konrad
Gerald W. Holland sure hopes he'll be moving soon. The retired photo engraver is waiting to hear whether German luxury carmaker BMW will build a $1 billion factory smack on his four acres of property, about 15 miles south of Spartanburg, S. C. State politicians are so eager for the 1,800-plus jobs the new plant would create that they've offered Holland and his neighbors at least twice the value of their land. For Holland, that could amount to almost $400,000. He says: "With prices like that, who minds moving?"
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Wants Out of Oil and Gas