President Bush should not have been completely surprised by the outbreak of racial violence in Los Angeles. At a White House meeting in January, Mayor Tom Bradley told the President that L.A. was a tinderbox that could blow up at any time. Others who attended the session say Bush appeared concerned by Bradley's remarks but took no action.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber's Exit From Three Company Boards
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing