Recent polls show there is a growing chance that the Labor Party will oust conservative Prime Minister Yitzhak Shamir in the June 23 general elections. Labor seems likely to get a huge boost from Soviet Jewish immigrants, who favor it by 3 to 1 over its rival, the Likud. A Labor win would be a victory for the Bush Administration, which considers Shamir a roadblock to successful Arab-Israeli talks.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Subways May Be the Latest Casualty of China's Crackdown on Debt
- Honda Recalls 800,000 Odyssey Minivans Linked to Injuries