Faux Pas At 12 O'clock High!
The U.S. Air Force Academy turns out officers, but will they be gentlemen--or gentlewomen--any longer? In a cost-cutting move, the academy intends to abolish the office of Cadet Wing Hostess, an in-house Miss Manners. In 1955, when the academy opened, the hostess instructed the all-male student body in the finer points of calling cards and the quaint Victorian custom of calling on commanding officers.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- NFL’s $205 Million Man Is Hated by Everyone But Those Who Matter
- Auto Suppliers Jump on Report Tesla to Fully Own China Plant
- This Little Known Malaysian Stock Has Surged 400%
- Americans Are Retiring Later, Dying Sooner and Sicker In-Between
- Euro Drops With Spain on Edge; Bonds and Oil Climb: Markets Wrap