The Week AheadBy
PRODUCTIVITY AND COSTS Tuesday, May 5, 10 a.m.
Output per work hour at nonfarm businesses likely increased at about a 1% annual rate in the first quarter, following a stronger 1.9% rise in the fourth quarter. That's suggested by a 1% gain in total hours worked and the 2% advance in real gross domestic product. As a result, unit labor costs in the nonfarm sector were probably up at a 2.5% clip last quarter, after edging up by just 0.9% in the fourth.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Ford to Take $267 Million Hit From Recall of F-Series Trucks
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Facebook and Google Helped Anti-Refugee Campaign in Swing States