Burying Trash In Big Holes On The Balance SheetJulia Flynn
Garbage disposal has smelled like a financial winner for two decades. The mounting volume of solid waste has been a bonanza for Waste Management Inc., Chambers Development Co., and other titans of trash removal, sending their stock and earnings soaring. Trouble is, some of those financial gains may be due to liberal accounting--and that's raising a big stink and problems for the whole industry.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- Musk Dusts Off the Fundraising Playbook With Semi, Roadster Orders