As Fare Wars Get Bloodier...
Fair prices--or fare wars? When American Airlines unveiled its four-tier fare structure in early April, it bet that simpler and lower fares would boost revenues by attracting more travelers. But the move may have backfired. Trans World Airlines and USAir retaliated with steep price cuts, and American was forced to lower fares again to remain competitive.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- NFL’s $205 Million Man Is Hated by Everyone But Those Who Matter
- Auto Suppliers Jump on Report Tesla to Fully Own China Plant
- This Little Known Malaysian Stock Has Surged 400%
- Americans Are Retiring Later, Dying Sooner and Sicker In-Between
- Euro Drops With Spain on Edge; Bonds and Oil Climb: Markets Wrap