Psst! Wanna Buy Into Japan Inc.?Karen Lowry Miller
As T. Boone Pickens discovered, Japan is a tough place to attempt an unfriendly takeover. After a two-year fight, the Texas corporate raider last summer gave up on his effort to use a 26.4% stake to win four board seats at Koito Manufacturing Co., an auto-parts supplier 19%-owned by Toyota Motor Corp. Koito claims Pickens was attempting greenmail, while he claims he was frozen out by Japanese corporate collusion.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- One of the World’s Hottest Stocks Is Now Tumbling
- This Rare Bear Who Called the Crash Warns Housing Is Too Hot Again
- Recent ‘Odd’ Market Moves May Be a Warning Sign for Stocks
- The Global Economy Is Doing Just Fine, But the Davos Elite Is Worried
- U.S. Stocks Gain as Senate Votes to End Shutdown: Markets Wrap