Talk About Born To Market
As Air Miles' marketing chief, 30 year old Michael A. Miles, Jr. is in charge of recruiting shoppers to the frequent-buyer program. Educated at Yale University and Harvard business school, Miles spent six years at consultant Bain & Co--where he worked for such clients as Saatchi & Saatchi-before signing on with Air Miles. His father, who has always worked for large companies, didn't think much of the move." He viewed my job at a startup with some trepidation", says Miles Jr.
So what does dad know? Well, he's Michael A. Miles, chairman and CEO of Philip Morris Cos. and before that a top executive at Leo Burnett, Heublein and Kraft General Foods. Miles Jr. clearly learned a thing or two about savvy marketing at his father's knee. He has already signed an innovative deal for Air Miles' 30 million ad launch, agreeing to put all of his network ads on NBC. In exchange, the network is giving him unusual flexibility to change the timing and content of Air Miles ads based on responses to previous spots.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- ‘No Cash’ Signs Everywhere Has Sweden Worried It’s Gone Too Far
- Morgan Stanley Says Stock Slide Was Appetizer for Real Deal
- Dollar Rises With Treasury Yields; Stocks Struggle: Markets Wrap
- Boom Turns to Bust for Millennials Across Advanced Economies
- How One of the Most Profitable Trades of the Last Few Years Blew Up in a Single Day