Why Unemployment Has The Republicans So NervousGene Koretz
To understand the Republicans' growing concern with "jobs, jobs, jobs," consider the following election-year calculus: The drop in employment rolls in the bellwether state of New Hampshire in the past two years is the largest in percentage terms since the late 1940s. And the weighted unemployment rate of the 11 largest states now stands at 7.7%, the highest of the recession.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Marc Faber Asked to Leave Sprott Board After Racist Report
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing