The Japan Alan Blinder Doesn't Know
I know that Alan Blinder is knowledgeable about economics, but the unmistakable misperceptions I noticed in his article ("How Japan puts the `human' in human capital," Economic Viewpoint, Nov. 11) left me wondering if he knows anything at all about Japan, Japanese companies, or Japanese economics. I have spent only the past eight-plus years studying Japan, Japanese companies, culture, language, and society, and I feel that I can say with some confidence that Blinder missed the mark.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fewest Jobless Claims Since 1973 Show Firm U.S. Job Market
- Germans Are Going Wild for a Show Set During the Dawn of the Nazis
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself
- U.S. Stocks Climb With Treasuries as Dollar Slides: Markets Wrap