Molecules of carbon shaped like a futuristic sphere, buckyballs are turning out to be a scientific gold mine. Researchers have discovered that the intriguing substance can act as a superconductor, a potent catalyst, or a tool for making films of diamond. Now comes the hard part--commercializing the discovery.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fewest Jobless Claims Since 1973 Show Firm U.S. Job Market
- U.S. Stocks Climb With Treasuries as Dollar Slides: Markets Wrap
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting