A Company Town Tormented And TornMaria Mallory
After a potluck dinner featuring the homegrown talent of the Papa Band, hundreds of steelworkers from Local 5668 congregated outside their union hall. Their breath visible in the chill mountain air, they collected cash from other United Steelworkers (USW) locals, preached solidarity, and prayed for deliverance from their ordeal. Finally, over the public address system, came their closing chant: "Hey, hey, whaddaya say? Kick a scab in the ass today! Hey, hey, whaddaya say . . . "
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Honda Recalls 800,000 Odyssey Minivans Linked to Injuries
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations