The fortunes of Senate Republicans may be getting caught in a vicious cycle. The GOP's poor prospects for regaining control of the chamber anytime soon are leading some senior members to think hard about retirement next year. And with more incumbents deciding to step down, chances rise that the party's strength will slip below its already paltry 43 seats.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Ford to Take $267 Million Hit From Recall of F-Series Trucks
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Facebook and Google Helped Anti-Refugee Campaign in Swing States