The Networks Are Starting To Howl
The Big Three TV networks have groused about government regulation for years. In case no one paid attention, the complaints are getting louder. NBC has issued a 67-page report warning that the broadcast industry will be crippled unless the Feds give it relief. In the report, Richard Cotton, NBC's general counsel, tells the Federal Communications Commission that the Big Three are losing viewers and profits at an alarming clip. On the nets' wish list: a bigger cut of the syndication market and the right to own local cable systems.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Ford to Take $267 Million Hit From Recall of F-Series Trucks
- Facebook and Google Helped Anti-Refugee Campaign in Swing States
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster