For A Mainframe Software Giant, A Window Into P Cs
By acquiring dozens of rivals in the mainframe software industry, Computer Associates International Inc. has become the No.2 software maker, after Microsoft Corp. But, despite buying several software makers in the faster-growing PC market, it has never been more than an also-ran in PC software. Now, the Garden City (N. Y.) company is trying a new tack.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber’s Exit From Three Company Boards
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing